Using the evidence-based Attendance Works model to advance student success and help close equity gaps by reducing chronic absence. The Family Engagement Navigators initiative is a partnership of the Healthy Community Initiative, Growing Up Healthy, Faribault Public Schools and Northfield Public Schools. Funding provided by the Rice County Family Services Collaborative and StriveTogether.
Access resources and strategies that promote school attendance and prevent absences
- Support connection between parent/caregiver and teacher
- Teach parents/caregivers how to access and use school apps, and support technology needs for student learning
- Support district translation services for students’ schedules and assignments
- Connect families to online attendance tools and resources
- Help families create a COVID 19- Student Attendance Success Plan
Navigate school district COVID-19 online resources and updates for families
- Faribault Public Schools – Family Help Desk
- Northfield Public Schools – District COVID-19 Information
Connect to local organizations and resources, including but not limited to:
- Food access
- Health care
- Mental health services
Minnesota Reading Corps has created resources for parents to support their child’s learning during the coronavirus pandemic. Click here for a library of educational videos to share with your child.
Families are encouraged to check out this free reading and math tutoring opportunity through AmeriCorps!
Meet the Family Engagement Navigators
Natalia Marchan, bilingual in English and Spanish
Supporting students and families at Roosevelt Elementary School in Faribault
Jennyffer Barrientos, bilingual in English and Spanish
Supporting students and families at the Northfield Middle School
Supporting students and families at Greenvale Park Elementary School in Northfield
Emily Culver, bilingual in English and Spanish
Supporting students attending Faribault Public Schools and Northfield Public Schools with internet access and technology support needs