As was discussed in our August Newsletter, how to make Northfield a more welcoming community has been an important and ongoing discussion over the last several months.
On December 14, 2010, the Northfield City Council approved a contract to work with Growing Up Healthy to create the LINK Center, a center located at the Human Services entrance of the Northfield Community Resource Center (NCRC) which will serve to welcome all community members, new and established, by linking people with resources and opportunities they might need throughout Northfield.
Work on the development of the LINK Center has already begun, and now we are looking for people who can staff the LINK Center Desk during the week!
Please apply to be a part of this exciting initiative by clicking here. Below is some additional information about the position, and If you have any more questions about the position, please contact Mary Ho at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Hours of work: LINK Center resource desk staff will work several three to four hour shifts per week, for a total of not more than 20 hours per week. Most work hours will be between the hours of 9:00 a.m. and 7:00 p.m., weekdays and Saturday.
Primary duties and responsibilities:
- Answer questions from the public regarding local resources and how to access services, using print and internet-based materials
- Record information regarding contacts and referrals
- As requested, maintain communication with LINK Center Coordinator and other GUH partners
- Follow GUH requirements for confidentiality and data privacy
Required experience and abilities:
- Experience working with the public in person and by phone
- Ability to interact positively with members of the public
- Knowledge of Northfield/Rice County resources, especially health and social service
- Computer skills sufficient to send and receive electronic mail, find information on the internet, and print documents
- Experience working a multicultural environment
- Preference will be given to candidates who can speak, understand, and read both Spanish and English