Each neighborhood is continually planning projects and events for the residents in their neighborhoods. Check out our calendar in the sidebar to see what events are coming up soon!
- Mondays in the Park is held at the park behind Faribault Middle School (map). Monday evenings during the summer from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Come and join us!
- Martes en el Parque will be held at the Greenvale Park Elementary School playground. Tuesday evenings during the summer from 6:30 pm to 8:00 pm. Come and join us!
- Multicultural Cooking Club is held at First UCC Church in Northfield on the third Friday of the month from 11:00 am to 1:00 pm. (map). Free with childcare provided!
But there are also events and activities taking place in the community that can have an impact on many families. If you have an event that you would like to have included on our calendar, please contact us.
- Mondays in the Park: volunteer running activities for children at a weekly summertime gathering with Somali women and children. Mondays in the Park runs from 6:30 pm – 8:00 pm at the park behind Faribault Middle School.
- Martes en el Parque: volunteer to help with kids’ activities at a weekly summertime gathering with families from Viking Terrace! Martes en el Parque is from 6:30 pm – 8:30 pm at the playground behind Greenvale Park Elementary School in Northfield. We need volunteers to lead activities with the children so that adults have a space to connect with and build relationships with one another! We also need someone to help with tracking and to take some photographs that we can share on our blog!
- Become a volunteer staff member at the Northfield LINK Center! As a staff member, you run the LINK Desk: answering questions, giving referrals, making appointments with Face-to-Face partners and other clerical tasks. Depending on your availability, you can take your own weekly shift or sign-up to be on a ‘sub list’ when other staff members are unable to come in. If you are interested, please contact Leah at firstname.lastname@example.org. (Note: LINK Staff must be proficient in both English and Spanish)
If you would like to get involved or if you have ideas for building more connections between families in Rice County, contact Growing Up Healthy Coordinator Leah Eby at email@example.com.